The purchasing function is administered by the Purchasing Agent within the Finance Department. The city has a decentralized purchasing policy, which means that departments have the ability to make their own purchases. The primary purpose of the Purchasing Agent is to provide assistance to departments for the efficient and timely procurement of supplies, materials, equipment, and services for all City operations by working closely with vendors and other governmental entities to ensure that both the proper quantity and quality of materials and services are available.
- Protect public funds by attempting to receive the best value for public dollars expended.
- Maintain the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships.
- Ensure responsible bidders are allowed a fair opportunity to compete for the City's business, through statutory requirements for competitive bids and proposals combined with the City's purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensure historically underutilized businesses (HUBs) have an equal opportunity in the contract awards process.
- Maintain public confidence by adhering to established budgets and producing transparent records and reports.
Karla Parker, CPP, CPPM
|Assistant Director of Finance
1100 Bear Creek Pkwy.
Keller, TX 76248
P.O. Box 770
Keller, TX 76244-0770
8 a.m.-5 p.m.